What Is A Virtual Food Drive?
Hosting a virtual food drive is a convenient way for individuals, businesses, and organizations to raise money for local food pantries. Going virtual means no heavy food boxes and no extra time spent in the grocery store. There are plenty of ways that you can go virtual:
- Host a fundraiser on your favorite social media channel.
- Start a campaign at your job.
- Collect money from your friends, family, and neighbors.
- Give directly at www.6stones.org/give
- Host a traditional food drive collecting non-perishable food items.
All monetary and in-kind donations will go to our New Hope Center. The New Hope Center’s mission is to provide emergency assistance of food, clothing, and other resources to families in need. On average, we serve around 300 individuals each week.
List of Acceptable Food Donations:
- Canned Meat Boxed Pasta Jello Nuts
- Canned Fish Canned Tomatoes Crackers Dried Pinto Beans
- Canned or Dried Fruit Tomato Sauce and Paste Rice Pancake Syrup
- Canned Beans Oatmeal Pancake Mix Baby Formula
- Canned Vegetables Canned Chili, Stew, and Soup Peanut Butter and Jelly Baby Food
- Canned Pasta Cereal Granola Bars Powdered Milk