What Is the Coalition?
In 2009, we had a simple (but not easy) goal: “Build a coalition of churches, businesses, and other nonprofits to meet the needs of this community.” We’ve seen this community come together in amazing ways since then, but we want to be clear on something: you don’t have to be a big organization to be part of what we’re doing. You can join simply by supporting us on a monthly basis. In fact, we’re now referring to our monthly donors as The Coalition.
What The Coalition SOLVES:
- The Coalition Makes Our Work Sustainable. This community has always been great about funding our initiatives when they arrive, but we do a good amount of Bulk Purchasing ahead of time to keep costs low. It's more cost-effective, but it also means that our expenses and your donations don't always line up. By committing to a monthly gift, you enable us to be the best stewards of your resources.
- A Community Becomes a Team. If we invest in the future together, we're all partners in the final product. The Coalition gives everyone a chance to carry their portion of the weight. As a member, you'll have a unique and important point of connection with like-minded individuals right in your own backyard.
- Your Impact, Amplified. Most of us can't afford to finance a home repair or provide for another family's annual needs. We definitely can't cut a check for that purpose all at once. But if each of us can find a few extra dollars in our monthly budget, we can finance those needs over time. $10 per month gives two kids Christmas. $50 per month can take a family of four through the New Hope Center and equip their kids for school.
- Needs Don't Have Timelines. Our ongoing services are a lifeline for members of this community. The men and women who depend on the New Hope Center and Urban Farm need us to be available on a daily basis. We currently receive sporadic financial gifts for services that demand consistency. We need your help to offer stability to these families in their time of need.
What The Coalition is NOT:
- No set numbers. Whether you give $5 a month or $500, you're part of The Coalition. Every monthly donor will receive the same perks: a nifty sticker, some special behind-the-scenes content from our Social Media team, recognition options on the website, plus a few fun surprises.
- No Wasteful Expenses, No Clubs. We're going to honor your gift by putting it directly toward meeting those needs. There are no obstacles to membership in the Coalition and, aside from those affordable Thank-You gifts we outlined earlier, we aren't going to spend a bunch of your donation on things designed to impress you. Your donations serve your neighbors. Period.
- No Special Lanes. We know that everyone loves something different about 6 Stones. If you think the Community-Powered Revitalization Program is the greatest thing in the history of human civilization, we want you to keep supporting it. Same goes for Operation Back 2 School, The New Hope Center, Night of Hope, the Urban Farm, and on and on and on. But we do all of those things so that we can do one thing: make this community a better place to live. Gifts given through the Coalition support our organization as a whole.
Leave a Comment